Professional Development Coaching
Every day employees and managers struggle with skill and knowledge gaps that prevent them from performing at their best and ultimately affect the bottom line.
Many organizations no longer offer formal training. Even when such training is or was available, participants may or may not have needed what was offered. Research shows that only approximately 30% of participants made real, lasting change. Measurable behavioral change was difficult to maintain over time.
Most people today want to learn what they need to learn when they need to learn it. Professional Development Coaching provides the opportunity for an individual manager or employee or a group of individual managers and/or employees to acquire the skill or knowledge in a targeted, fast track manner.
Melba W. Benson, Ph.D., provides Professional Development Coaching in the following major areas:
- Management Development
- Generational Challenges in the Workplace
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Coaching Skills
- Personal Effectiveness
- Prior to the first coaching session, I communicate with the employee or manager or that person’s supervisor in person, by phone, or by e-mail to determine the goals for Professional Development Coaching.
- The first coaching session is typically scheduled for 3 hours. Most organizations prefer the coaching to be done offsite to remove workplace distractions and to maintain the confidentiality of the coaching session.
- Further face-to-face sessions can be scheduled, or further coaching can be continued by telephone or e-mail.
- Ongoing contracts are not required.
- Telephone sessions are scheduled at a time convenient for both of us. If you need to reschedule an appointment or a call, let me know at least 48 hours in advance. Except for emergencies, you would be charged for cancellations or missed calls. When a time is reserved for you, that time is unavailable to another client.
My Professional Development Coaching client list is confidential, and everything discussed
in coaching sessions is confidential.
For fee information and to tailor Professional Development Coaching to meet your needs,
call Melba at 817-265-2820.
Any Professional Development Coaching topic can be presented in a training class format as well.
Other Topics Can Be Developed As Requested
- Coached a company president on improving his reading speed and comprehension.
- Coached managers and employees at all levels on shortcuts to improve their writing skills to make documents more concise and readable.
- Coached managers on developing more effective meeting planning and conducting skills.
- Coached managers and employees valuable to their organizations who had excellent technical skills but lacked the people skills (Emotional Intelligence) to get the job done.
- Coached Police Chief applicants and other management personnel on how to best present themselves and their abilities.
- Coached in-house legal counsel for a corporation on ways to deal more effectively with the firm’s major clients.