Success in any field depends to a large extent on relationships with other people, and communication skills have a significant impact on all relationships.
The inability to communicate effectively is one of the most common obstacles to quality and productivity.
You will learn how to:
- Overcome obstacles in communication caused by different value systems and communication styles.
- Choose appropriate words, tone of voice, and body language for clear, direct, appropriate communication.
- Build good working relationships through attentive, active listening.
- Present yourself with confidence and communicate your ideas and opinions more effectively.
- Give and receive constructive feedback and minimize defensiveness in situations involving conflict and confrontation.
- Cope more effectively with difficult people.
Tests available to help you understand your communication style and the styles of others you
communicate with include:
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- Survey of Communication Styles
- Communication Response Style
- Working Style
- Personality Type (Abbreviated Myers-Briggs)
- Conflict Management Style