Most people change jobs and/or careers several times during their working lives, and many of these changes are made arbitrarily or without much planning or long-range consideration.
Whether you are entering the workforce for the first time and are seeking help on deciding what career you are best suited to, have been downsized or terminated, want to make a career change, wish to grow in your current job or career, or are considering starting your own business, Career Coaching can help you identify the ideal career and find a job that is fulfilling and rewarding.
Some areas that may be included in Career Coaching include:
- Identifying your career goals based on your skills, strengths, interests, likes, dislikes, priorities, etc.
- Determining what careers are available and how to qualify for those careers, including any additional education or training that may be needed.
- Uncovering obstacles that are holding you back and providing tools for overcoming them.
- Targeting companies and individuals with the authority to hire you.
- Organizing your job search, keeping track of the status of each contact, and developing effective job search techniques.
- Fine tuning your networking skills. (People find more jobs through networking than any other job search method.)
- Writing a professional resume and cover letter that will get attention and results and targeting your resume for a particular position.
- Developing the self-confidence to present yourself positively in an interview and articulating your strengths for a position.
- Identifying questions interviewers ask most often, including those job candidates find especially difficult, and determining how to answer.
- Preparing questions you should ask in a job interview.
- Developing the type of work habits and attitudes that will help you succeed in whatever job or career you choose.
Tests available to help you discover your ideal career based on your personality, interests, abilities, and strengths include:
- Self-Directed Search
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- Survey of Communication Styles
- Communication Response Style
- Working Style
- Personality Type (Abbreviated Myers-Briggs)
- Conflict Management Style
Your Coaching Program
- Prior to your first coaching session, you will receive a package of checklists and assessments to make the most of our first session. (Payment for your first coaching session must be received prior to providing these checklists and assessments.)
- At the first coaching session, we will:
- Discuss your goals for coaching and what you want to accomplish in your career.
- Review the results of checklists and assessments.
- Set objectives and develop an action plan based on your needs and the amount of time you would like to commit.
- Further face-to-face sessions can be scheduled, or further coaching can be continued by telephone or by e-mail.
- Ongoing contracts are not required.
- Telephone sessions are scheduled at a time convenient for both of us. If you need to reschedule an appointment or a call, let me know at least 48 hours in advance. Except for emergencies, you would be charged for cancellations or missed calls. When a time is reserved for you, that time is unavailable to another client.
My Career Coaching client list is confidential, and everything discussed in coaching sessions is confidential.
For fee information, call Melba at 817-265-2820.